We advise that before embarking on a basement conversion, there are some important factors to consider, in particular the height of the water table around the house, the existing cellar, basement or foundations, light into the area and ventilation. We can do this for you by requesting a free site survey and quotation.
We believe if there’s an existing cellar or basement, then you need to ascertain what the foundations are like. With Victorian properties, the foundations often don’t go down far enough, so we may need to underpin them. If your house is attached or a terrace, we will need to underpin not only your home’s foundations, but also your neighbours’ foundations too, as they are shared.
This service is available throughout the whole of England and Wales.
We try our very best to help you convert your cellar/basement as easily as possible.
- If you are not 100% committed to the full process of the conversion, but would like to investigate possible solutions further, this service may be for you.
- If you are a general builder who is contemplating a conversion for a customer or acquaintance and perhaps are not 100% certain of the best process and require some specific technical assistance with the conversion, again this service may be for you.
- If you are selling your home and find that the prospect of a good conversion enhances the saleability of your home, but do not want to go through the full process, simply to show prospective buyers that, this can easily be achieved this service may be for you.
We are experts in detailing the very best way to do this. So you can be assured that whichever type of conversion project we advise on will be the most suitable for your property.
- We will visit your home and from that design an aesthetically pleasing and practical conversion to then put these ideas onto a full architectural package, laying out the full technical process to achieve this.
- We will detail what if any planning applications are necessary (we will apply for Full planning permission on your behalf if necessary).
- We will include all relevant building regulation requirements to enable a successful building regulation approval (alternatively we can even submit this stage of works for you).
Or you can simply take our plans and decide what to do next at your own pace.
This service obviously varies in costs dependant on a few details.
- What type of house you live in?
- What type of space you would like (1 bedroom + bathroom, an office, a play room or a completely
- The final finishes required within the new room.
Once we have established these details we can supply you with a complete price for the project. Should you decide that you wish us to complete the conversion all of the costs paid so far will be reduced from the complete package costs.
Once you are in possession of the plans and have obtained all necessary approvals we can then help you further by supplying all materials from the first steel beam to the last screw to hold the door on its hinges. Our experience with different merchants means you will get these materials at the best possible rate, with these materials being the best quality that are around, no waste, no over ordering, no under ordering and having to wait for further materials to arrive.